Eco-Friendly Merges With Modern Technology
Generating 102 horsepower of electric power, a 75 kW power rating and nearly instantaneous torque, the liquid-cooled, permanent-magnet-driven electric motor of the 2018 Audi A3 Sportback e-tron delivers the kind of impressive acceleration that drivers will envy. Along with the 1.4-liter turbocharged TFSI engine, the e-tron has all it needs to provide low-end torque and high-end power.
The e-tron doesn’t have to make a lot of noise to gain attention. With its striking sportback body, unique DRL light signature and roomy cargo space, this plug-in hybrid electric vehicle is a quiet catch.
In addition to its hybrid technologies, the e-tron is full of driver-centric technology features. Available MMI Navigation plus and MMI touch, a unique suite of available Audi connect PRIME and connect PLUS features and the available Audi virtual cockpit enhance its drive.
Audi has worked with energy programs to make driving the e-tron as easy, convenient and efficient as possible. With 3Degrees, Audi has developed a more holistic approach to offsetting some greenhouse gas emissions associated with the e-tron. Through a collaboration with SunPower, e-tron owners can help recharge their vehicles with available home solar panels.
The battery can be fully replenished in about two hours and fifteen minutes with the included 240-volt charging unit.
1) Engine type – Four-cylinder, Horsepower (@ rpm), 204 (combined output), Torque (lb-ft @ rpm), 258 (combined output)
2) The available virtual cockpit offers a digital 12.3-inch display allowing the driver to customize information such as audio, navigation, differing viewing modes and Google Earth.
3) Available MMI® touch controls on the center console with handwriting-recognition technology. Drivers can “write” their entry rather than selecting letters or numbers and more easily navigate maps by moving a finger across the touchpad.
4) The use of two combined power sources—a battery-powered electric motor and a gasoline-powered engine—effectively charges the vehicle.
5) From the six-speed S tronic dual-clutch automatic transmission to the electric brake booster for full braking in EV mode, the e-tron is an impressive sum of its parts.