Pioneer Has Everything You Need to Create a Custom Outdoor Oasis
With Arizona’s beautiful climate, it’s only natural to want to spend quality time outdoors. So fixing up the yard and patio are top priorities for most homeowners. To help with such projects are the landscape experts at Pioneer, who specialize in helping homeowners with a wide variety of products that will turn any yard, patio or courtyard into an amazing outdoor living space.
Pioneer started in 1968, when Gary Schnurr opened a small trucking company in Colorado. Little did he know at the time that 49 years later, it would become a large landscape supply company with 31 retail locations across Arizona and Colorado. In 2015, the company was acquired by JLL Partners, who is committed to taking it to even greater heights.
Kevin Guzior, Vice President of Marketing, has been with Pioneer for over 11 years, and loves how the business has grown as it continues to help homeowners realize their landscape dreams.
“Pioneer’s moto is Your Partner in Outdoor Living, and every one of our employees are experts in knowing our products and helping our customers get the look they want for their yards,” says Guzior.
A good majority of Pioneer’s products are manufactured in their own quarries, plus they own their own sand, rock and paver manufacturing company. They also have a wonderful assortment of products, which include decorative rock, sand, artificial grass, pavers and hardscapes, retaining walls, masonry and decorative walls.
“Don’t be intimidated by doing the job yourself. No job is too big or too small,” says Guzior. “Our employees will guide you on what you need and how to install it.”
He also explains that landscaping shouldn’t be an afterthought once the house is decorated. By taking things one step at a time, you’ll find it to be a job you will be able to do and, once completed, be proud of every time you use it.
Remember, the purpose for expanding your living space is to create a lifestyle for your family and friends to enjoy, so have fun personalizing it as you bring the indoors out!
To learn more about Pioneer, please visit PioneerSand.com.
Do It Yourself Landscaping
Five key guidelines to help you start your project
- Search websites like Pinterest and YouTube for ideas. Bring photos to the Pioneer store and talk with a representative who will advise you on what you should do on your own and what you should hire help for. They’ll also make suggestions on products so you can create a more personalized and unique look.
- Draw your project on graph paper and scale your design, staying away from a box or square look. Many materials can be cut to form curves or already come in a curved shape, which adds more interest.
- Don’t skip the prep work; lay down landscape fabric to prevent weeds from creeping up under pavers, gravel and decorative rock. Spending the time up front and leveling the ground will save a lot of time in the long run.
- Don’t be afraid to use color and textures in your materials. A combination of the two will create an awesome, custom look. Splashes of accent colors help make a project look more exciting.
- Accessorize your yard by bringing in ceramic pieces, pots, metal yard art, beach pebbles, a firepit and/or water feature. These are the finishing touches that will make a simply nice-looking yard into a fabulous one.